Friday, February 11, 2011

hush hush

I'm working on a new project, and it's very hush hush. Not actually top secret, but the receiver may or may not read the blog/cruise my Flickr site so I have to be careful of what I post.

Here's two clues:

It's a quilt. It's totally outside of my normal style.

A new project

Lots of traditional fabrics with flowers and plaid, and pink. And photos. 13 photos to be exact.

365.48

Here's a few things I've learned so far:

1. I suck at math. Big shocker. I learn this every time I try to do something that needs precise measurements.

2. Working with photos is HARD! First off, laying them out in a way that seems pleasing is balanced is difficult. I found that making them roughly the same size regardless of shape or orientation helped, so did making them all sepia tone. What I learned the hard way is that when you use iron on transfer paper, you shouldn't peel it off before you start cutting and sewing because if you iron the pictures THEY MELT!

Anyways, this project is due to be in the mail on Monday which means I will spend my weekend in a sewing frenzy. Minus Saturday afternoon which will be spent with our lovely friends, but I will bring it with me to work on Saturday night so I can sew when the baby sleeps. Oh yes, and Sunday evening I will be celebrating Valentines with my lovely hubby who is making me heart shaped spaghetti (joke between us) and then taking me out to see Black Swan. So yes. Lots of sewing in a short amount of time.

Wish me luck!

No comments: