Monday, September 13, 2010

a sneak peak

Life has been busy here. Even though this is my husbands second year back at school, I really felt the rush and business of "back to school" season this time around.

Maybe it's because we said goodbye to his little brother as he went back to University in Ontario, or because we gained a brand new roommate (who is totally awesome!)or because there were so many preparations and so much cleaning, shopping and organizing that goes along with those things.

Joel started an internship at the Calgary Counseling Centre last week. He is officially more than 1/2 way done his Masters in Counseling Psychology and this internship is not only a great learning experience but a really neat opportunity for him. But, working at the CCC 3 days a week and taking FOUR masters level courses tends to leave one a little busy.

After a super relaxing summer of not much work, I am back full-time and loving it. I never get tired of hanging out with the great kids I nanny. This morning I got an unexpected phone call giving me an extra 2 hours until work, so I thought it was high time I churned out a blog post.

I have been sewing like crazy. Crunch time is on because I have a LOT of projects due in the next month or so. I finally finished my mini quilt swap for July/August in the theme of landscapes. I can't show anything but a sneak peak right now as the swap partner in question is the dear friend we just visited in Portland and she reads this blog. SO, you will have to wait until she gets it to see the full mini. Let's just say, I am extremely happy with how it turned out.

STUD July/August Sneak Peak - Sent

So you don't think I am boring and have nothing, here are some posts to look forward to. Two new quilts (or old, since I guess you've already seen the tops) to be finished by the end of the week. A new baby quilt commission, 2 new mini quilts for swap, the rest of what I did on my summer vacation, wedding gifts, a single girl quilt update and more! yay! Please don't leave me. :)

No comments: