Saturday, September 4, 2010

what i did on my summer vacation: part two

Powell's!

powell's city of books
(Borrowed from Peyri's Photostream)

What can I say about this place? It's fantastic! I didn't actually spend a whole lot of time there but I loved what I saw. 5 stories filled to the bring with new and old books and all sorts of fun bits and pieces. A true book lovers paradise.

The reason I didn't spend much time there was because we took our sweet time checking out Bolt.

close knit & bolt - Portland, Oregon
(Borrowed from john.murden's Photostream)

What a cool store! Easily my favourite fabric store outside of Canada. Cute, chock full of great fabric and patterns and super nice helpful staff. I found myself a delicious pile of fabric (after more than an hour of circling the store over and over again).

New Fabric!

In that pile there is some stuff I don't recognize, but there are some serious treats there too. Some Far Far Away II, some Momo, some Echino. And all at wonderful, reasonable American prices!

I also picked up a pattern:

Ice Cream Dress

I LOVE this pattern! My problem is I don't have anyone to make it for. I guess I could make it for cute little Miss A, but I thought it wouldn't be fair if C didn't get something too. Unfortunately, there haven't been any totally awesome boys patterns that have caught my eye. I'll have to keep thinking on that one.

One of the things I had planned on doing was quilting with Krissy. We managed to pull each other's names in the August swap for Swap Till You Drop and had planned on finishing our quilts together and exchanging. Unfortunately (fortunately?), we did SO much adventuring while we were there we didn't really get more than an hour or so in. Oh well!

Krissy's mini is getting finished as I type (or well, not as I TYPE per-say because clearly I don't have more than 2 hands, but you know what I mean) and the plan is to send it out on Tuesday. More on that when it's done.

No comments: