It's FINALLY finished! Oh happy day! Actually I guess that happy day was last Tuesday, but oh well. I am happy to report that my argyle quilt is finally finished and happily living with it's new owners.
This one was a stretch for the little throat of my machine. It's final size was 70" by 90" and even with free motioning it was a challenge to get to every last bit of it.
Even though 70" by 90" is a bit of an odd size in terms of fitting it on a bed, I did manage to make it work on the double bed in the downstairs guest room.
So that officially makes it the biggest quilt I've made to date.
I don't know what else to say about this beast. I posted before how challenging I found it to piece, and the special people it's for. I guess all I can say is, I ended up loving it, and I hope they do too. Bye bye quilt!
Oh yes, one more thing. Trying to take a picture of this thing when my husband is in a silly mood - bad idea! He pranced around the backyard with our kind (new) roommate Mike, making it hard to get a straight shot. Oh well, I ended up with this cute one!