Friday, October 29, 2010

something blue
















Photo by Jeremy's Dad.  (He was hiding in the bushes!)

Some dear friends of ours are getting married tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited!  Jeremy and Breanne are a long time love story and are one of those couples you meet and it makes you sure there is only one true love in love.

We are so excited to attend and be able to celebrate with our friends and I was even more excited at the prospect of being able to contribute to the wedding!

A few months ago, Breanne asked if I would make a set of garters for her because she couldn't find the right thing.  Of course I said yes (even though I had never made them before and had absolutely no idea what I was doing!)

Breanne wanted blue because Jeremy loves blue.  Could you tell by the photo above?  So, after some Google searching, a couple of trials and errors, I finally came up with a cute set that I am happy with and Breanne likes.

Garters

They are a simple white cotton with blue satin ribbon stitched on, encasing a 3/4" wide no flip elastic.  Overall, not actually that hard to make.  I made her one that is slightly bigger for her to keep and one that is slightly smaller for her to toss at the reception.

I woke up this morning knowing I had to run over and deliver them (easy, since she lives only a few blocks down the road!) and saw I had a Facebook message from here.  "HELP!  My veil never showed up from Etsy!"  Oh dear.  Obviously, that is not the kind of thing a bride wants to be dealing with the day before her wedding.  As luck would have it, Facebook had popped up with a suggestion to peruse my wedding album and she saw my veil and realized it was basically the same one she had ordered.

So, off I went this morning, with my veil and her garters in hand.  Not exactly saving the day, but glad I could help.  Of course, we will all cross our fingers that her veil actually shows up today!  Unlike the States, our postal system doesn't work.  At all.  And especially not on Saturdays, so if it's a no show today, it's a no show at all.

And just because I'm feeling nostalgic, here's a pic from our wedding.  :)
















Photo by Brooks Reynolds

2 comments:

Mary said...

The garters came out great!

Lisa said...

His dad was in the bushes?!?!? What a romantic!!!